Notting Hill Genesis
In April 2018, Notting Hill Housing and Genesis Housing Association merged to form Notting Hill Genesis creating a £750m social enterprise providing nearly 65,000 homes for people who need them, largely in London. We are the fifth largest housing association in England with assets valued at over £19bn.
Setup in the 1960s both legacy organisations were established to protect people from unscrupulous private landlords-providing homes that were safe, secure and affordable. Despite being one of the largest housing associations in England, we recognise each resident as an individual. Our services are people centered and delivered at a local level.
We strive to be the best we can be. We want to be London’s best housing association, whilst upholding our values of being open, honest and willing to confront difficulties.
We employ more than 2,000 people, most of whom work in the heart of our communities, building relationships with residents that go beyond bricks and mortar.
Over the years we have received generous public and charitable funding but today we mostly rely on generating the funds we need from our commercial activity. This includes building homes for the sale and rental market. All our surplus is reinvested in more affordable housing.
Our aim is to house and support the capital’s less well-off residents so that London remains a thriving and diverse city.
We are looking for a Chair who is commercially experienced, astute, and passionate about our social purpose. You will be aware of our roots in preventing homelessness and poverty in west London, but you will focus on the future. This means financial security for our organisation, building homes for a wide range of Londoners, especially those in need, embracing more digital solutions, and focusing on raising the standard of our homes and services for existing residents.
We want a genuine and empathetic leader to work with our Board and senior staff team to create a harmonious, progressive and effective team.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Confident with the scale of our business (up to £1bn turnover)
- Skilled and highly experienced at managing risk
- Ability to work effectively with the Board as whole
- Ability to work effectively with the Chief Executive
- Previous Chair experience
- Good judgement
- Strong Communication skills
- Ethical and committed to high standards of probity and corporate governance
- Ability to deal with complexity, ambiguity, political pressures and competing priorities
- Sensitive to the culture, values and mission of the organisation
- Sufficient time to dedicate
- Housing and real estate development experience
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Ability to engage with and influence various stakeholders
- Adds to the diversity of the Board
We consider every application and will get back to you with a decision as soon as possible.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
How to apply
Please send your application to our partners at Nu Creative Talent. Please contact Subhan Uddin: email@example.com to find out more.